With Sony being tight-lipped about the upcoming PlayStation 5, we can only assume what it is packing under the hood. Not to mention what it looks like.
Here are some of the more credible rumors we've heard for the next-generation powerhouse:
- RDNA 2 GPU @ 1.7 GHz with 60 compute units capable of 13.3 Teraflops of power
- 8-core AMD Zen 2 CPU @ 3.4 GHz
- 16 GB GDDR6 + 4 GB DDR4 of RAM
- 1 TB SSD @ 5.5 GB/s
- Dedicated ray tracing
- Backward compatibility
- Controller with haptic feedback, heartrate monitor, and microphone
- Play Station AI assistant
- Release date: Holiday 2020
- Cost: $499 USD
Keep in mind these are only rumors, and nothing is confirmed until we hear from official sources.
Unofficial sources: BGR, NotebookCheck, 4channel